From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:32:33 -0600
with the correct impedance match, most of the power is transfered to the
antenna.
And, that power will certainly be maximized on whatever resonant frequency
the antenna happens to be.  All of these verticals do state a resonant
frequency.
You use a tuner to fool the radio into thinking it is loading a resonant
antenna.
So weather they are better or worse than an antenna that is resonant with
traps is the question.
obviously they're not going to be as good as a simple quarter wave vertical
on whatever band you want to use.
Most of these antennas are designed to be some resonant wave length on 20 or
40 or something though, and the rest of the bands are tunable.

73
Colin, V A6BKX