From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:59:50 -0600
Hey Jim, come up some time and play your horn next to me and my guitar amp
stack and believe me, you'll get to that level quickly enough ahahahaha.
I actually turn my aids off during shows and use my hearing aid molds as
fairly effective ear plugs.
Especially when our drummer decides to bring out his ludwig 8 inch by 14.5
snare and plays it with 2B's...god it's loud, but just the way my rock soul
likes it.
People find out I have a hearing loss, or wear hearing aids, and then they
say, well, no wonder you play so loud...and I say, did stevie ray vaughan or
eddy van halen wear hearing aids?  how about joe satriani or pete townsend
or keith richards or any of those guys who play really really loud, but are
famous.
Joe bonamassa's stage rig can melt the face off the first couple rows
unmiked, but no one says anything to him about a hearing loss...then again,
if they did, he probably wouldn't hear them anyway being that he's been in
front of those face melting stacks for so many years lol.

73
Colin, V A6BKX