From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:54:04 -0600
and tell me this, why, in your mind, would the canadian government subsidize
hearing aids?
They absolutely do not subsidize hearing aids, just as they don't subsidize
eye glasses.
Perhaps a particular social assistance program at the provincial level may
offer some subsidy or partial payment, up to a certain dollar value, every 5
years, and most do I believe, but certainly not the federal government lol.
In fact, the federal government doesn't provide health care specifically
either, that is done at the provincial level.
Remember, we aren't some far off city state with one government, the
canadian government is a federal government of a country which is considered
to be the biggest country of continuous landmass in the world.  Our feds are
similar to yours, and we also have provincial government, like state
government...and we have civic government as well.
So no, I wish the federal government would subsidize hearing aids, but they
do not.
They don't subsidize education, they don't subsidize healthcare, and they
don't subsidize anyone with a disability, beyond a federal tax savings
initiative or savings plan etc...yep, that helps the 45 percent of the
disabled who are actually employed , woohoo!

73
Colin, V A6BKX