From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2014 00:04:35 -0400
I use N1MM for my contest logging with Window-Eyes 8.4.  People have used it
with Window-Eyes and JAWS; I'm not sure about NVDA.  It is a very complex
program, and I really only use the log entry screen and ignore a lot of
other displays.  Don't expect to come up to a station, start your screen
reader and start using N1MM.  If things are working properly, and someone
else has set up the Field Day contest, You should be able to simply type a
callsign, spacebar, check, spacebar, section, Enter.  For that purpose, your
cursor should track properly.  If you are using N1MM with a radio that is
interfaced to the computer, frequency and mode data will be automatically
entered into your log as you tune around and make QSOs.  Kelvin Marsh,
M0AID, has done a complete set of MP3 tutorials about N1MM on his Active
Elements website; that's a couple of hours of information to absorb.  If you
are going to use this, you should probably install it on your own computer
and run it for a little while to become familiar with its quirks.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com