From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2014 07:43:29 -0400
I am forwarding this onto the list, because the reply went directly to me.
Keep in mind that Maurice is losing much of his hearing and the message was
dictated.  First is my reply:

Hello KD0IKO.  I'm sorry that I won't be on the air this afternoon.  During
the months when Daylight Saving Time is in effect, the 20 and 40 meter
roundtables meet at 2000Z, or 1 PM Pacific Daylight Time.  Conditions
haven't been very good on 20 the last few weeks, especially for
coast-to-coast QSOs at 2000Z.  So even if I was on, I probably wouldn't hear
you.
I hope you can find some info about the DJG7 FM rig.  I suspect it may not
help much on your bus rides, because my impression is that activity on
2-meter FM is not as much as it once was.  I hope we can find a way for you
and your friends to get into digital modes, but the most accessible system
at this time is still CW.
Anyway, look for the net on 14258 at 2000Z today.  I don't know who will be
running it, and how copiable they will be in Washington.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com