From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2014 22:04:41 -0400
We had a successful group on 7202 KHz tonight.  Some signals were strong and
some were barely copiable.  From memory, check-ins were:
KW3A
WB9R
W8QIY
KG4ITD
WA1RTB
KD4JEZ
KE5AL
KD0BR
WA3MIX
W3IUU
For stations further west than the Mississippi River, we would probably need
to run this group more than an hour later, which would then make it very
late in Newfoundland.  I don't know whether I will try this next Saturday
night or not; I know it would work over a wider area on a non-contest
weekend in the fall or winter.  It just isn't feasible to come up with any
time or frequency where all of us can hear all the rest; you need the
internet for that.  Anyway, it was a good beginning, and we were able to
give Harold, WB9R, a little advice about OCF dipoles.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com