From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2014 21:53:41 -0700
having experienced both Mobile Speak (on 3 differing versions of windows smart phones), I can tell you that it can't even compare to voiceover on any of apples devices. Some of its features are straight forward enough, but Microsoft makes it difficult to really operate their phones. My last smartphone had windows 7 CE on it and that was a major frustration just trying to work around some of the apps. I can't tell you whether or not windows 8 is any better on an MS based smartphone, but I can tell you it was a disaster on a laptop. Jaws would only work with about 30% of the apps installed with windows.

Anyway, I would much rather use either voiceover on a mac or one of the alternative speech engines available in Linux. I have had my fill of MS and their kludge of an interface.

-eric