From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 07:44:52 -0400
Most antenna stuff you read about is done in feet instead of yards.   So
if your back yard is really 150 feet by 90 feet, that is  really nice.
      How much money are you planning to spend?  A hundred dollars?  A
thousand? More?

Most guys start off with wire antennas.  They are cheap compared to a
vertical and don't need a ground system.   There are various multi band
dipoles out there.   Does your back yard have supports for  a dipole,
such as trees or other tall structures?

You will enjoy the 590 very much.

73, Steve  KW3A