From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2014 00:17:11 -0700
you aren't the only one. I have tried to get hold of fred loud (the website owner) to explain the issues. His response went something along the lines of: I will not change the website or the database. it is fine just the way it is.

Apparently, he is either ignorant of our difficulties or simply does not care. I have also chatted with the developers of Vbulletin. They have made changes to their forum hosting web package so that it can be made more accessible. All it requires is that the website owner check a few configuration options to allow for accessibility. They were far more helpful than Mr. Lloyd seems to be.

Some of the issues I have encountered with QRZ.com:
1. call sign lookups have some controls that are not usable by screen reader users (such as mouse over to reveal email, etc.)
2. scrolling past the initial posting in a thread causes the browser to either lock, or crash when using a screen reader (especially on a mac)
3. posting a new thread is problematic as the edit area can't be interacted with directly (I have to compose in a text editor and then copy/paste into said area).
There are a myriad of other issues (a lot dealing with the advertising links), but are too bothersome to list.

thats my experience with QRZ.com.

-eric
N7zzt