From:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2014 15:01:09 -0500
Hi

Well, I ordered a mobile power cord for my TS 440 s. Then I ordered 100 feet
of RG 58 to go to the dipole. Then, of course I had to order ends for the
cable. Since I am using rg 174 to slip my feed line through the window, I
ordered two lengths of that. It comes with SMA ends. So, that meant ordering
adapters for those. Actually only for one of them. I am using the other to
get a source of earth ground. My poor wife has never been around me when I
was setting up a station. She really wondered about all that stuff I
ordered. Well, to be quite honest, I didn't order the one last adapter I
needed and I haven't worked out a ground rod yet. So, I am getting close to
back on the air, but I am still needing a power supply and a mike. I can
just taste those HF contacts. Smile.

While I am writing this. our son is napping on my chest. He has no interest
at all in radio, or anything much other than eat, sleep, and diaper
changing. Smile.

Well, that's the round up here.

God bless, 73,
Mark

--
Currently in Rockford, Greater Rockford, Illinois Overcast, Light Rain
46.0°F(7.8°C) Wind:WSW (250°) at 14mph (12KT)