From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2014 23:17:02 -0400
I'm sure that NM80 wouldn't be right.  The M and the 7 in EM17 indicate that
you are between 27 and 28 degrees north.  The E indicates that you are
between 80 and 100 degrees west, and the 1 says that you are between 96 and
98 degrees west.  People don't use all 6 characters unless they are working
in the microwave range, or perhaps for some specific contests.  Typical
exchange is the four-character grid square.  Perhaps I'll work one of you on
6 meters some day.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD  FM19
http://lras.home.sprynet.com