From:
Colleen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:31:48 -0400
Hi Carolyn,
I understand how frustrating it is to try to get help to do some things. This is especially true when you would like to be able to do these things yourself.
We have to remember that our willingness to graciously accept help is actually a gift to those who offer the help.
Personally I do not worry if someone feels that I am not as much of a ham as they are because I do not use CW. The intent of the change to no code did not increase the number of hams which was the expected outcome.
We all have different gifts and the most important thing is that we use them to help wherever we can.
At this time due to circumstances beyond your control you are not able to orperate even though you would consider yourself to be much more qualified due to your expertise in CW.
I, on the other hand, due to different circumstances, am able to operate as an Amateur. Even though you consider those of us with no code to be hams due to a bad decision I am able to help with Skywarn, Ares, NTS Traffic and Navy Mars.
I do hope that you are able to get an antenna and be on the air soon.
Colleen Roth, N8TNV;