From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:20:31 -0500
I received the following from ACB.  The link takes you to an audio news
story that plays for about 3 minutes.  It is about the latest version of
Intuit's Quicken Financial software's inaccessibility.  It appears that the
software was accessible until the latest version came out.  The most
disturbing issue in all of this is Intuit's attitude until the TV news got
involved and they sort of changed their tune.  When the newest version, 2014
was no longer accessible, Intuit blamed the screen reader and the keyboard
of the blind computer user.

I know this is off topic, however, we all need to stay on top of these
inaccessibility issues and knowledge is king.

73

Howard #3

ACB e-mail follows: