From:
Rylan Vroom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 22:41:33 -0400
Yep :) as I said, the navigator will work with jaws, if you're running
on a 32 bit operating system up to windows 7. (unless you can find
prolithic drivers for 8 so you can successfully run a serial to USB
dongle of course) As an update, I have obtained my navigator 80 today
and have it up and running with no issues using BRLTTY as a background
service and interfacing that with NVDA. I'm also running 64 bit
windows 7 ultimate and the whole setup is rock stable at present.
Unfortunately, my navigator has a baffed "line down" button so if I
don't hit it in exactly the right way, it spams "line down" and
autoscrolls through a novel in text format in about 5 seconds. :)
However, these old clunky displays seem to be easy to service. I saw a
few Phillips head screws on the bottom and should be able to pop it
off and (hopefully) replace the springs in the effective button. By
the way, does anyone have a manual for the TSI navigator series? I
can't find it online and would really like to know what the other
buttons on this thing are supposed to do so I can get them working
properly with BRLTTY.