Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:07:36 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Are you actually hitting the tuner button and holding it for a half second
or so so it's tuning or just turning it on? If it's just on but not tuned
for that antenna and never has been tuned for that antenna it may not be
tuned for that antenna and the TW-1 or any external meter is only going to
see what the antenna is, it will not see what the internal tuner is doing.
IF your SWR is that good though I wouldn't worry about turning the tuner on
at all. If it's all tuned and still down on power, I'd say maybe you have
bad power connections, make sure the power supply is up to voltage, make
sure your power is set to full. Also, what mode are you checking this in?
It's almost impossible to get an accurate reading on SSB with the TW-1,
you'd have to go to AM, CW, what ever and on AM you should only see 25
watts. You'd need FM or CW to see full power out.