Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:40:02 -0400
7bit
From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Butch and Junior,

If you are on the water and you are part of the general private marine
service (or some such designation that I am probably close to in
description) you no longer need a license.  This is as of the late
1990's.  I don't know what this negation extends to, but if you are a
fisherman, recreational boat user, or use for any other purpose that is
not commercial, you don't need a license.

I know this because a fisherman buddy of mine paid over 150 dollars some
time in the late 90's. The license was good for several years (maybe 10
but I'm not sure.)  He got very mad when the next year, they abandoned
the licensing for his radio service.

Now as for using those frequencies as a terrestrial land base or even
mobile, I am not sure.  I do know that several of the newer
Chinese rigs have the frequencies available without modification. as
well, many older rigs can be modified to use those frequencies quite easily.