Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 07:09:15 -0400
7bit
From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
50 by 30 yards actually sounds fairly big.

Your antenna choice may also depend on what type of stuff you want to work.
if you'd like to work DX, that is folks from other countries, a vertical is
a good choice. If you prefer closer in contacts, out to a thousand miles or
so on 80 and 40 meters, something horizontal might be better. You've already
heard about good vertical choices and I'd suggest the G5RV dipole as a good
horizontal choice. If you have the supports, like trees or buildings, you
can put them up as flat tops or if space is an issue, you can put them up
in inverted V configuration. My G5RV works quite well on 80, 60, 40, 20 and
12 meters. It's a compromise antenna, to be sure and some hams avoid it for
that reason but I've gotten far better results than I expected from mine.
Good luck and 73. Lou  WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations