From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:51:39 -0400
Hi, all.

I am going to be re-vamping my ham radio  setup out at the RV this summer,
and was wondering if someone happens to know the amperage power draw for the
TS480.

I'm looking for the non-transmit amperage, plus the maximum amperage if
transmitting in CW or RTTY mode at 100 watts.

For some reason, the text version of the manual that I have only gives me a
partial list of specifications, and current draw is not one of them.

I can obviously approximate, but the actual figures would be preferred.

I'm trying to figure out the best power supply arrangement to have out at
the camp site.

I'll also be using a TMV71A for VHF and UHF, and am trying to see if one of
my power supplies will be enough to power both rigs.  This assumes, of
course, that I'll not be transmitting with both the TS480 and TMV71A
simultaneously.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ