From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:07:53 -0600
Jim,

I remember working you a couple of times on 75 meters.  Once I got a taste
for DX, I only came down to 75 meters to talk to Lynn and other friends.  We
all used to hang out on 3997 from midnight on and then during the day time
hours, 3982 was the Nebraska side band net frequency.  We started a Corn
Husker Teenage Traffic Net on 3982 at 4 PM in the afternoon and actually had
12 to 16 teenagers who showed up each day and that was during the summer
months.  During poor 80 meter conditions, when propagation on 75 wasn't any
good for 50 miles distance, Lynn and I, and others, would go over to 40
meters on 7295 but Lynn almost exclusively worked 75 phone.  He never did
get into DX and contesting or anything like that but he did 30 WPM on CW
without any trouble and he didn't even work CW all that much.

Phil.
K0NX