From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2014 16:55:32 -0500
Note, here is the TS-590 manual section.  The boundaries you enter are the
high bounds.  So for example if you want everything below 1.8 mhz to be
A.M., you'd set auto memory 0 to 1.8 mhz and the mode to A.M.

from the 590 manual:
AUTO MODE

You can configure a maximum of 32 frequency borders (VFO A and B) to change
the
operating mode automatically as you change the VFO frequency.

As a default, the following modes are programmed on each operating band.

0.03 MHz-9.5 MHz: LSB

9.5 MHz-60 MHz: USB

To add the frequency borders to the Auto Mode selection:

1 With the transceiver power OFF, press and hold [LSB/USB] + [POWER] to turn
the transceiver ON.

• "AUTOMODE" appears on the sub-display.

2 Select an Auto Mode frequency memory channel number by turning the
MULTI/CH
control.

• Auto Memory channels 00 to 31 are available.

3 Turn the Tuning control to select a desired frequency border (or enter the
frequency with the keypad {page 28}) to change the operating mode.

4 Press [LSB/USB], [CW/FSK (REV)], [FM/AM (FM-N)], or [DATA] until the
desired
communication mode appears.

5 Repeat steps 2-4 until you have added all the data.

6 Press [CLR] to exit the Auto Mode frequency configuration.

To activate the Auto Mode function:

1 Press [MENU], then press [Q-M.IN]/ [Q-MR] or turn the MULTI/CH control to
select Menu No. 23.

2 Press [M.IN] to select "on".

3 Press [MENU] to exit Menu mode.

Note: When using Auto Mode Frequency configuration, you cannot use the
manual
frequency entry function.

--
Jim, KE5AL