From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2014 16:24:03 -0400
Well, we gave it a try anyway, Steve.  ... Perhaps 20 will be better
tomorrow.

I did hear N9GOC call me, but even he was up and down.  Plus, he then
entered into a QSO with another Midwest station, so I decided to just let
them do their thing.

Will give the 40-meter round table a try  next week, hopefully from the RV
camp site.  I have an Alpha Delta DXCC out there now, up in the trees at
about 35 feet, and am anxious to see how it plays on 40 and 20 with the
TS480.  Did some initial testing for an hour or so late last Saturday
evening, and it seemed to perform fairly well.

Will also be interesting to try out that antenna in next week-end's CQ WPX
CW contest.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ