Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:48:45 -0400
The 811H of course runs 811's.  But you can swap them out for 572B's, which
are more rugged.

The thing you have to be careful with the 811's is plate dissipation.  The
tubes are rated for 65-watts average plate dissipation.  This is fine in SSB
operation, but is more damaging to the tubes if you push them on heavier
duty cycles like CW, RTTY, etc.

A lot of hams have issues with those amps if they spend too much time
tuning.  You have to let the amp rest for about as long as you apply a
carrier to bring the average plate dissipation down.

Another bigger issue today is the quality of the 811A tubes.  Some
manufacturers aren't keeping the quality up.

Steve, K8SP