From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 09:23:33 -0700
There are two Alex loops available.

One for $129 that is made of copper tubing and the ends of the tubing have
to be soldered onto the loops tuing box.

The other one is priced at over $300 with shipping from Brazil.

It is made of coax and comes with a travel bag.

I currently own both of them and yes they can be tuned by ear.

I also plan to try and use the MFJ tuing box to put between the rig and the
loop to see how easy it is to find a null.

This box is made to use to tune a manual antenna tuner.

There are two other loops available.

One from a place called the Radio S
tore in Missouri. It also sells for $300 and comes with a bag and tripod.

The other loop which is very portalbe comes from Martin Lynch and Sons in
England.

It is priced at around $38.

It can be hooked directly to the back of a Yaesu FT817ND or some other qrp
rig.

The loop from missouri has gotten great reviews on eham.

Hoe this helps,

Eric Clegg
KU3I