eric oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:55:03 -0700
well,
my HF radio woes continue.

First, the package I sent via UPS to an authorized repair point arrived in very bad condition. The repair point discarded the materials and found the radio a lot more damaged than when I sent it. UPS took possession of the radio in order to investigate the claim. Now they are saying that they may not pay on the claim because the original packing material was not included. That was a hard to replace $600 HF radio, which took me over a year to save up for. Now I am out the $100 shipping and don't even have a working radio to show for it.

Condition of the radio when it left my possession:
1. receiver working fully
2. transmitter working in all modes but no mic audio getting to the transmitter.

What arrived there:
1. package with hole in one side, box partially crushed
2. rear power connector pushed into the inside of the radio
3. front face cracked.

If they officially deny my claim, what can I do about it?
1. appeal up the ladder
2. file an online petition in an attempt to get UPS to save face and reimburse me.
3 file a legal claim (I am loathe to do this as I don't have the funds for a lawyer).

any suggestions on any other way that I can handle this? All I want is a working radio back.

-eric