From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:35:53 -0330
Hi All:

With regards to the K-3 and TS-590, do you get voice or CW announcement of both S-9s and freq announcements.
Even though I'm a Yaesu guy, investing in an FT-1000MKV field or, should win the lottery, an FTDX-5000, it would hardly be worth the purchase just to connect a laptop too, run HRD.
On these rigs with HRD, I would only get one VFO/S-9 announcement and allot of buttons to remember. LOL
Not saying I'm gonna retire my FT-102, witch frankly kicked ass in the contest, with regards to the filtering, but I'm thinking about a 2ND rig for contesting for the quick band change and so on.
I'd also like to know how much accessibility you get from a K-3 which is around the IC-7600, a little less than the FTDX-5000 in price.

73:
Mike VO1AX