From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:37:00 -0800
Lou, not knowing much about your career, I would suspect that as
you are into doing voice over work, you are looking for the
highest quality recording available.  I am by no means suggesting
that the new Stream would meet your needs, just that it is much
improved over the first version.  I got a mini-disk recorder
about 2002 or 3 then an Edi-roll digital recorder a few years
later which has seemingly given up the ghost.  I think the
PlexTalk is almost as good as the Edi-roll but the noise floor is
probably not as good that is, if you are really into technical
stuff.  There was a guy, Neil Urs, not sure about that spelling,
who has a recording studio in Wisconsin or somewhere in the
midwest who did some great reviews on the Edi-roll and the
Olympus recorders back afew years ago.  He had a pretty
impressive array of mic's he would use to compare when testing
various recorders.  I bought an Audio Technika 822 I think it is,
single point stereo mic which is no where near  the best mic, but
is very convenient for recording live performances.  Neil was on
the Blind Cool Tech list but there have been no new listings on
that site for some time now.  I use my PlexTalk to record music
rehearsals and in some cases gigs at local venues.  73, Jim
WA6EKS