Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:31:08 -0500
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
You should think about this in terms of target frequencies.  What frequency
gives the lowest SWR on your current dipole?  Where do you want your lowest
SWR to occur in the future?  My 80 dipole is resonant around 3650, which is
great for CW and the DX and contesting that I usually do.  But even though
my FT950 has a limit of 3:1 on its tuner's automatic range, I can still put
out enough of a signal to check into the Iowa SSB net on 3970, and the tuner
doesn't complain.If you can determine these frequencies, just multiply the
current length of each half by the inverse of the ratio of the frequencies.
It might be 2 or 3 feet on each half of the dipole.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com