Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mike Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2014 17:06:33 -0330
Hi all:
Well had a huge set back today. 1st off a buddy helped me swap out lengths
of coax to try and take care of the 80m SWR spike issue, which went away.
When I put 500w CW into my MFJ-986, it arced and smoked. When I tried
another tuner, there was no spiking, it just couldn't get the SWR below
2.5/1 but the TW-1 tone was smooth not ripply as in the case of the 986.
The 2nd tuner was a 962d. I'm borrowing that one.
Ah the trials. Lol Tom at Zero Five thinks the previous length of coax was
being coupled as one of the radials, which was 33 feet from the tuner to
the antenna.
73:
Mike VO1AX