From:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:59:19 -0600
Hi

Well, in my move, I managed to bring the kenwood th f 6 a and the
programming cable. The slim duck was giving me so so reports. Thus, I
invested in a half wave vertical dipole. With great anticipation I tried my
call sign on several repeaters with no response. I did notice that I was
bringing up more machines than before. So, I waited until a QSO was in
progress and gave my call. Well, the comment I received was that they
thought someone might be in there but they couldn't hear enough to get the
call. They indicated that it was a very bad signal. So, I am wondering if I
have something set wrong on my radio? I know that I do not have my preferred
MFJ ninny mic. However, I should be able to put in some type of reasonable
signal, considering how strong the repeater sounded.

Any thoughts?

God bless,
Mark

--
Currently in Rockford, Greater Rockford, Illinois Clear, -11.0°F(-23.9°C)
Wind:S (170°) at 3mph (3KT)