From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:02:00 -0400
Hi;
Unfortunately braille watches are more expensive and often high
maintenance.  I had what I thought was the ultimate watch.  It was
basically a braille and talking watch in one case.  There times you
don't want to tell the world you are checking the time for the fifth
time in ten minutes.  Unfortunately when it died and I took it in for a
battery change I was informed that this battery couldn't be changed
because it was a cheap Chinese movement.  Should have gone elsewhere.
The only thing I would encourage talking watch users to check prior to
purchase is the dreaded chime.  For reasons known only to the designers,
some watches have to emit a loud chime prior to telling the time.  A
quiet voice with no chime unless you set one is my preference.  Also
most have alarms but the alarm on the one I'm using is pathetic.  I'd
have to be awake to hear it.  Still have the good old talking time.  The
alarm rang to tell my children to get out the door and by the second
"attention please" they were generally moving.  They can't believe it
still works.
Richard