From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 09:41:33 -0600
I had the same issue with my old internet gate way wireless router device.
It was a dsl connection, but there was a long run of rg59 from the router to
a tv box upstairs...the RFI came from the cable run because it disappeared
when I disconnected the rg59 from the router...or, it didn't disappear
completely, but was drastically reduced...no ferrite filters helped at all
in this case.  after I switched over to a cable type modem I have
experienced very little rfi from that device.  it's still there on certain
frequencies, but nothing near what the old system had.
So, my impressions are that some devices cause the rfi more than
others...could be a wall wart, could be a leaky cable, could be the wireless
portion of the router etc...with the old device I did shut off the wireless
part of the router and the rfi did not go away...
the new box is some sysco thing and seems very clean.
I get so much intermod in my neighborhood from a couple taxi data sites
within 2 blocks that on vhf and uhf, I hardly notice any additional rfi from
devices in the house.

73
Colin, V A6BKX