From:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Torgerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:41:08 -0500
Hi

Well, I will toss in my two bits for what it is worth. I ran a five eighths
wave mag mount in a windowsill for a while. The results were OK, but not
wonderful. It used a NMO connector to attach the antenna to the magnet. So,
since I was on 2 meters, I cut a thin piece of speaker wire to about 19
inches, and wedged the bare end of the copper wire under the edge of the
connecter just enough to make contact with the ground side of the connecter.
This created a counterpoise. It was amazing how my signals jumped, both on
the receive and transmit. Now, other antennas may work differently, but this
did the trick for me with that one.

God bless,
Mark

--
Currently in Rockford, Greater Rockford, Illinois Overcast, Light Snow
30.9°F(-0.6°C) Wind:W (270°) at 9mph (8KT)