From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 20:57:16 -0400
Tom,

When you compare the 2 sidebands on a CW signal, are you first zero-beating
by matching the incoming signal to the pitch of your sidetone? I tried this
tonight with the K3 and as long as I'm zero-beat, the pitch is the same on
either sideband. If I'm off, it varies which makes sense since you're
switching from one side of center to the other but if you're not zero-beat
you'll be in different spots relative to center. I hope that makes sense to
you because I can barely wrap this aging brain around it. Good luck. Lou
WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations