From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 20:55:45 -0600
Here is a list of calls I know, have talked with, or
listened to.

Long Red Underware
Fried Apple Pie
Old Empty Bottle, (or bucket, depending on the time of day)
Amateur's Ugly Rascal, (he wasn't very pretty, or so I'm
told)
Quiver My Liver
I Move Trains (held by a railroad engineer)
Red Headed Duck
Zipper Ripper
Ice Cream
General High School

My wife and I are friends with a couple, and the man will
introduce his wife as K 5 "My Old Lady." That really is the
call she has held since the late 50's.
His call is "Pretty Good Whisky."

A baptist preacher in this area has "Preaching Every
Sunday." (That one was not a vanity.)

Another friend is "Single Again."

My long time and now late friend in Clinton, Iowa, was
"Radio's Worst Contraption."
Another late friend was KM5 General Electric. (No, he worked
in a bank, and got that one randomly.)

My former neighbor who had retired from both the Navy and
the Merchant Marines as a shipboard radio operator was K6
Mother Goose

A local television engineer changed his call to W5 Audio
Video.

A friend, whose name was Don, received the call N O 5D, or
Don spelled backward.

Another Don I knew had a 2 by 2 call the suffix of which was
VD. He was effectionally known far and wide on the radio as
"Dirty Don."

Mike Duke, K5XU