From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:34:18 -0600
Thanks Kent.  I should have mentioned that I'll be using the scanner with
the K1000.  The scanner series you refer to is Opticbook by Plustek.  I've
found them on the web, and will check them out.  It looks like they're
designed specifically for book scanning, and the recommendation from
Kurzweil certainly helps.

As for getting a driver for my old scanner, yes there is one, but it doesn't
interface well with the K1000 at all.  In fact, it doesn't work with the
K1000.