From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:08:55 -0330
Hi Phil:

I agree with you totally.
I can't imagine what I'm going to face in a couple of weeks in the phone DX contest.
I think they should git rid of the unlimited class where you can use all the help, and tools at your disposal.
As for the clusters, there's not much can be done about that. I expect I'll be absolutely swamped as my new call sign will be clustered.
This will be helpful to me but hardly fair as I'll be getting help from other individuals.
I think it would be impossible to shut down all the clusters world wide during contests,
there would have to be some sort of agreement and even then, not everyone will comply.
I guess that's why 30M, 17M and 12M aren't contested on.

73:
Mike VO1AX