From:
Don Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2014 07:19:40 -0500
Hi Steve. Your mesages about the 590 and computer control are of great
interest to me since I hope to have a remote station set up within the
next year.

When controling the radio via the computer I assume direct frequency
entry is available but what about tuning in a sideband station exactly?

Can you use for example the arrow keys to tune in fine incriments?  Is
the rit available?

Is it easy to change back and forth  from fine tuning to whatever you
have set for your normal tuning rate?

I guess I would like your opinion on whether it is a comfortable and
efficient experience to operate the radio via computer or do you find
yourself constantly using the controls on the radio itself and just
using the control program to set menus and look at frequency and meter
readings?

i won't ask you questions about using the radio's audio through the
computer because you say you haven't tried it yet.

Do yu know someone who has that I can email or do you plan on trying it
in the future?

Thanks very very much!

Don

w a 2 i w c