From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2014 11:46:02 -0500
You can, but if I were you, I’d go for All Star Link instead. Much more open, and less concerned about interconnecting with other things, i.e. IRLP doesn’t allow you to connect to anything else at the same time as you’re connected to IRLP nodes, unless you’ve got an “experimental” node, which may or may not allow yu to connect to other IRLP nodes. Cost to get started is similar, if not slightly less.

http://www.allstarlink.org is where you’ll want to find out more.