From:
Kent Plemmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:45:55 -0500
Hi List,

I'm just learning about my TS590 and am having difficulty learning how to
activate menus and selections within the TS590 menu system.

I know how to activate the menu with the menu key and I know how to select
menu A or B.

When I press the menu button it says "menu 004".

I can rotate the multi-channel control forward or backwards but it moves not
to the next sequential menu number but it jumps forward or backward by about
10.  I haven't found a way to move forward or backward sequentially by just
1 menu item within the menus other than by using the up/down buttons on the
mike.  When I use the mike buttons I can move forward or backward by a
single menu item and the VGS1 says 5,6,7 etc. telling me which menu I am on.
I can also move forward or backward within the menus by pressing the Q-M.IN
or the Q-MR buttons to move forward or backward but not sequentially.

Once I do find the menu item that I want such as menu 006 I don't know how
to activate it so that I can hear the selections available for the
particular menu.

I have read that the descriptions of the available items within each menu is
displayed on the sub-menu but I haven't learned how to hear that.  Does the
VGS1 speak this information as I scroll through the selections and if it
does, how do I make this happen?

Thank you all for your assistance!

Kent Plemmons

Clyde NC KK4FFF