Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:36:33 -0500
First, I'd say there is a big chance they are being reimbursed by Microsoft.
Their ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Second, you are correct that WE uses a lot of the control-shift combo
whereas Jaws uses the insert key.  There are a lot of commands to remember
with screen-readers, particularly with Jaws nowadays.

Third, Windows has made the System Access using the USB drive slightly more
problematic after Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8, as well as the SP3 update
to Xp.  Microsoft doesn't like programs to run from a flash drive so that
plug 'n play capability has been disabled by default.  You can still run SA
from a flash drive, as you can the other screen-readers, but you need to
know that there will be a dialog you have to authorize.  The advantage to
using System Access in this way is it doesn't rely on loading video chaining
and mirror drivers as Window-Eyes and Jaws does.