From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:41:25 -0500
you can get an appropriate cable from radio shack. does yor laptop have a line in jack, or just a mic in?   you need to low that first.   also you will want a splitter, unless you can monitor the mic input or line input of your laptop. som radios have multiple outputs, and some even have dedicated recording outputs too, . if you laptop only has a mic in you might need an attenuator cable. the I phone next to the speaker will pick up any other noise, and unless you set the volume of the radio reasonably low and put the I phone right up against the speaker you will have lots of room echo and coloration. give it a try with the I phone placed as close as possible to the external speaker and set the volume at about 9 O’clock and try that