From:
Dave Basden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2013 22:30:02 -0800
I bought a TS-590 as a Christmas present and it was supposed to come
with a VGS-1 as a free Christmas stocking-stuffer from Kenwood.  As
it turns out, I had to mail in a form and wait for Kenwood to send it
to me.  That could take a couple of months.  Since I have a VGS-1 in
my TS-480S, I moved it to the TS-590.  It seems to work all right,
but when I sped up the voice rate the pitch went up as wlell.  It's
been many years since I originally set up the TS-480, so I can't
recall whether it was that way on the TS-480.  If anyone can tell me
it would save my putting the new VGS-1, when it arrives, in place of
the old one.  I'm just afraid Kenwood changed the VGS-1 without
chaging the model number.

73,

Dave, W7OQ