Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:48:15 -0700
Sender:
From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
I enjoy the conversations and education emanating from this list so very much!!

For example, I enjoyed the iodine protocol for thyroid people, and have since incorporated a daily drop of potassium iodide into my supplement regime, with very excellent results.  If I can get off my levothyroxin med during the coming year, this will be a personal victory.

I've switched to almost an exclusive paleo-principled nutrition plan after a continuum of personal research which led me to believe that my almost strict vegetarian diet wasn't optimum for me.  I opted into the paleo lifestyle, mainly after
reading "The Vegetarian Myth: Food Justice and Sustainability" by Lierre Keith, "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer, "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolff, and "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain,as well as "The Warrior Diet" by Ori Hofmekler and the continuing good newsletters by Dr. Joseph Mercola, all of which books and information I heartily recommend.  I do love to cook and am not a raw paleo enthusiast.

As an "older person" who has relied on nutrition and workouts to keep me away from reliance on the medical field, I became a personal trainer and have continued my own workout lifestyle for over 2 decades now.

My question is this:  Might there be any paleo-specific nutritional therapy which would actually build cartilage?  [Recently I have suffered knee injuries during workout, laid off long enough for the pain to disappear, gone ahead with my lunges and such, and fall back into the knee weakness/pain feeling.

I've tried MSM/glucosamine/chondroitin supplements for years and find they do essentially nothing for me.  I've read some hype that boswellia can actually stimulate cartilage regrowth if in conjunction with other expensive ingredients.
Also I've read that shark cartilage, and/or bone marrow could lead to cartilage re-growth.

Not having the funds nor the inclination to become a human guinea pig for cartilage growth, I thought I'd put this question out here, and I thank you for considering it.

Diane H.