VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:15:10 -0500
Hi Ana and all

1. Really glad someone is working with Fluency about accessibility. I

am doing project coordination and other things and not so much direct

translation and interpretation right now but definitely glad to

cheerlead.

2. This sounds like passing the buck: "we do not want to design

accessibility in, but please tell the screen reader makers that if they

work with this one kind of text boxes it will be good for a lot of

applications." Would it be possible to have a conference call with

folks from Fluency and from Freedom scientific and JAWS / NVDA users

and see if everyone can get to the right language and terms about what

is needed. Maybe it IS something that FS already knows and is working

on. Or maybe Fluency is talking about something that they should be

able to articulate in programming terms that folks from FS with the

right programming background will understand faster than if you and I

play hit or miss with technical programming language.