VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 06:39:31 -0500
Blaine and all

Wee won't know the exact situation of Win XP until we get within a few
days or so of April 8.
With probably hundreds of millions (or perhaps billions of pcs) still
happily chugging away with XP (including many businesses inluding
government agencies), it is hard to imagine that XP can be abandoned by
MSFT.
I think that important here is that any pc you plan to continue running XP
should be updated with updates prior to the beginning of April and to make
certain that your security packages will continue to be updated after
April 8.

I suspect that what is occurring is not so much a love affair with XP but
rather folks finding that swapping into a new operating system for its own
sake doesn't always need to be done.
Hence, folks hanging on to XP.

I will not trust in riches but in him who richly provides.
Andy Stanley, pastor, from his new book "How to Be Rich:  It' Not
What You Have. It's What You Do With What You Have."

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]