From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2014 13:32:51 -0500
Hi, all.

Perhaps I'm a bit out of the loop on this, but I have a question for general
discussion.

Up until now, I have always used printed QSL cards to confirm contacts I
have made, and to answer contact confirmation requests from others.  I have
always been especially careful to send return QSL cards to people who send
me cards, with the idea that, if someone takes the time to send me a QSL
card, the least I can do is return the favor.

Unfortunately, I am finding myself getting more and more behind with this,
especially when it comes to confirming contacts for which I receive QSL
cards from the ARRL qsl buro.

As we all know, there are a number of electronic QSL creation and management
services out there:  L O T W, E QSL, and, I believe, QRZ.com.

This is causing me to think more and more seriously about converting totally
to electronic QSLing.  The disadvantage of this is that you don't get a
physical card, but electronic QSLing seems to be more practical to me in the
long run.

Of the various electronic QSLing services out there, which seems to be the
most accessible?  I'm getting the impression that it is L O T W, and that
is the direction I'm heading in right now.

One could obviously make a full-time job out of sending and responding to
QSL cards, but I just don't have that kind of time right now.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone might have, as I try to make my QSLing as
efficient as possible.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ