From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:03:33 -0500
Hi,

I knew I was having this problem, sometimes and sometimes not, with RF getting into my audio, and I wasn’t sure where, exactly. Someone suggested perhaps a bad coax shield. Remembering that some of my coax jumpers are likely as old as my ham career, I tried bypassing the tuner, which meant straight to the antenna, and the RF was much less or perhaps gone  as Steve affirmed. So I pulled what I suspected might be the most likely culprit and put in a different jumper, specifically between the radio and the wattmeter. And then I listened on a receiver with the RF gain turned all the way down to pretty much nothing. And heard no icky RF noises. And also no RF noises getting into perhaps other than the computer speakers sitting right near the radio, which, well, they’re crappy Logitech speakers, so can’t expect great shielding anyway. So I think, fingers crossed, it’s solved. Don’t know why I didn’t think of bad coax, but of course it makes sense.

Vy 73, de KB5ELV