VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:40:29 -0500
Hello All,

I am a web and mobile accessibility tester.  Frequently, I need to test sites in various browsers and operating systems including Android.  I test Android using Chrome.  I am using a Google Pixel 3xl with the latest versions of the Android operating system and TalkBack.

Here is my problem.  Sometimes when navigating from element to element in the main body of the page using single-finger right swipe gestures after moving across several elements, focus moves back to the first landmark on the page.  I thought this was an accessibility issue with the site but I have seen this even when I am navigating sites I am not testing.  I tried several things and nothing worked.  I tried using Firefox, and changing navigation by different elements using vertical swipe gestures when using Firefox or Chrome .  For example, I tried navigating by next form control.  I suspect this may be a recent issue since it wasn't happening before two weeks ago.

I found a workaround using a BlueTooth keyboard to navigate.  I am not having these issues with iOS.  I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Dan

Sent from my iPhone

Archived on the World Wide Web at