VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2016 02:50:27 -0500
Hi all,
Running a windows 10 desktop, using jaws 17.
I've been using internet explorer, for years now. But I'll tell you,
firefox is sure a faster browser, when loading web pages.
Here's the problem. In firefox, you have bookmarks, just like any other
browser, but you won't find the folder for them, because they're hidden,
so first, you have to tell windows to show hidden files and folders,
which I did.
Here's the darn problem. Even if you get it to do that, it's in
c:\users\ then for me, it was in my name, which is my account, then
click on app data, then click on roaming, then click on mozilla, then
click on firefox, then click on profiles, then book marks backup, it's
the first icon in the profiles folder, but the folder is not named
bookmarks, and, it has all the bookmarks, but they are only named a
date, no bookmark name like a web page name like college football
schedule. I hate it, because these bookmarks are not like internet
explorers favorites. Folks, you can just find the favorites folder in
internet explorer so easily, and it's got your favorites as you have
them, nice and alphabitized. I can go in there when I want, take things
out, put things in, and I can name them what I want, and the name is
there when I come back to it.
I would love to use firefox, but the way they do folders, forget it, I
don't have 8 hours to find folders, and find bookmarks that are not even
named.
Like I said, internet explorer is absolutely slower than firefox, and it
gets stuck with jaws, so much.
I envy these people who can use firefox, and they got their firefox
bookmarks folder on the desktop.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]