VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:47:55 -0500
Hi ALL:

The other side of this is that almost all of the other software we purchase
also costs money.  And, if we want to purchase upgrades (e.g. from Office 2013
to 2016), we have to pay for those too.

Please keep in mind that, in a very real way, JAWS users have a "lifetime key"
for "each" version of JAWS purchased.  However, if we want to upgrade to the
next version, there is a charge.  So, BFO may not be Microsoft; but, it has
many of the same considerations when putting out, and supporting products.

In a "perfect world", everything would be available, at no cost, to everyone -
according to their needs.  Utopia sounds great; but, I know of none currently
in existance.  That does not mean that people should not try to move society
in that direction.  However, I have learned that if you expect too much, you
get disappointed!

Jim H

"You never know how far you can go, until you exceed your reach."  - Anonymous